The hospitality is changing rapidly in regards to their guest experience. By utilizing a guest's cell phone you can now check in, use your phone as a room key or map for the hotel and access amenities by pairing your phone. Check out how Mitel has helped over 24 Flag Hotels roll out this feature for their guests.
As the country slowly recovers from the destruction left from the hurricanes Harvey and Irma, more and more businesses are turning to their IT teams to ensure their business-critical communications are up and running. According to Forbes, “IT professionals and CIOs are the new “superheroes” we call upon during extraordinary circumstances…” As the country embarks upon rebuilding this is a time where many businesses will either sink or swim.
Is your business relocating or moving soon? Well, we have a few tips to make sure you are prepared for the occasion. Being prepared is the best way to make sure you don’t forget anything.
- Choose your phone system – A lot of businesses wait until the last minute to choose a phone system. It’s much better to knock this out early on especially if you are moving into new construction.
- Shop for dial tone and internet – Depending on your location, there may be limited choices for connections. If you have to have fiber optic cable run, it can take months or even a year in advance. By knowing your options early on, you can make better decisions.
- Select your cabling vendor – Once you have chosen a phone system, now it’s time to start talking to someone who will run cabling into your building. If it’s new construction, you’ll want to take care of this sooner than later. If it’s an already existing building ensure you have enough drops for the equipment being placed in the space.
- Have a meeting with all vendors prior to the move in date – A month or two out, make sure you touch base with your vendors to understand the installation process. You’ll want to appoint someone within your organization to be there during the time of installation.
- Train your team – Depending on what equipment is going into the space, you may need to set aside training time for your employees.
Help get organized with our handy checklist for moving or expanding here! It will give you details about the tips listed above and other helpful things to consider when moving.