Is your business relocating or moving soon? Well, we have a few tips to make sure you are prepared for the occasion. Being prepared is the best way to make sure you don’t forget anything.
- Choose your phone system – A lot of businesses wait until the last minute to choose a phone system. It’s much better to knock this out early on especially if you are moving into new construction.
- Shop for dial tone and internet – Depending on your location, there may be limited choices for connections. If you have to have fiber optic cable run, it can take months or even a year in advance. By knowing your options early on, you can make better decisions.
- Select your cabling vendor – Once you have chosen a phone system, now it’s time to start talking to someone who will run cabling into your building. If it’s new construction, you’ll want to take care of this sooner than later. If it’s an already existing building ensure you have enough drops for the equipment being placed in the space.
- Have a meeting with all vendors prior to the move in date – A month or two out, make sure you touch base with your vendors to understand the installation process. You’ll want to appoint someone within your organization to be there during the time of installation.
- Train your team – Depending on what equipment is going into the space, you may need to set aside training time for your employees.
Help get organized with our handy checklist for moving or expanding here! It will give you details about the tips listed above and other helpful things to consider when moving.
Are you looking to streamline the costs of your communications? Watch this short video on how hosted voice solutions can help stabilize your operating costs.
Buying a new phone system can be such an overwhelming task. There are many vendors, types of systems, and decisions to make. Your communication system is the lifeline of your business so you want to make sure it works, it fits your budget and meets your needs. Here are six steps to determining the right phone system for your business:
Buying a phone system is a major investment for any business. It involves changing the business communicates. Communication is key to retaining customers, maintaining vendor relationships and employees collaborating. Your calls are the lifeline of your business. As you evaluate a purchase of this size and scale, it’s important to consider how you plan to make the purchase, what functionality will work best for you and which vendor will you help provide the hardware, software and installation. Here are five questions to ask yourself before making a purchase:
With all of the talk about cloud and hosted phone systems these days, there are fewer conversations about on premise solutions. However, there are still some cases where moving to a hosted environment is not in a business’ best interest. We’ve compile a brief list of a few benefits on premise communication systems offer. Remember, every business operates a little differently and it’s best to sit down and evaluate your needs to ensure you are making the right decision
Enabling a mobile workforce is a key concern for companies as technology gets more advance. Being able to be productive, not just stay busy, is important for employees within an organization. Today, average employees spend time sending texts, checking their inbox, and screening voicemails on multiple devices. Everyone wants to make sure they don’t miss anything, but having messages on multiple tools and devices creates a complicated environment.
When a crisis occurs, do you have an effective way to alert your organization members? Mass Notification enables faster delivery of imperative information across multiple channels. You can help streamline communications of all sorts from day-to-day activities to crisis by sending multi-modal messages in real-time. Co-nexus can help you deliver and track information while helping you connect with the right people. A few of the benefits include: