Quality Monitoring is key to creating a better customer and agent experience. Once a call has been recorded, what a business does with the call to improve systems and processes within a call center is important for better customer and agent retention. Customers are looking for consistent service and performance when they reach out to an organization. Agents are looking for timely feedback from their supervisors or managers to ensure they are following company guidelines. Simply recording a call isn't enough! Organizations can utilize an evaluation process to drive business goals. Here are five steps for creating a healthy quality monitoring ecosystem.
- Form a quality control team - The first step in creating a quality monitoring system to gather team mates who will evaluate the results of agent evalutations. A quality control team consists of personnel who are able to analyze data, see trends and implement processes to improve policy adherence, customer service metrics or agent retention. The initial level are your supervisors within the contact center who will conduct evaluations. Then, once information is gathered and performances are evaluated, you need a team to be able to strategize future business decisions.
- Record and store - Recording in the contact center is not just voice calls. Customers reach out in a variety of ways, and it's important to capture all interactions. Give your employees the tools to record email, voice, text, screen capture, and chat.
- Define what - Before evaluations are conducted, you need to sit down and outline your business goals. For a government agency, it may include policy adherence. For a service company, it may include customer retention. Once your business goals are established, then you have to decide how your evaluations will provide feedback and what you will be evaluating.
- Create scoring - Results are better when measured. Scoring provides the organization with quantitative results and establish a baseline. Scoring also takes the emotion out and provides an employee with a way to improve or maintain their current behavoir.
- Provide feedback - Feedback for agents require a few key compenents like timeliness and ease of use. Feedback should be easy to digest and immediate. An employee will have the ability to review and make adjustments immediately, instead of waiting a period of time or create a bad habit. The automation of feedback processes allow an organization to make movements forward without hesitation.
The faster you implement a good quality monitoring system, the more likely your business will be able to grow, thrive and minimize risk. Utilizing a software platform that is easy to learn, use and implement takes the headache out of these five things. Let's set aside time to discuss more by reaching out to us below. We'll put someone in touch with you to analyze your current system and provide you with the tools to make changes.