- Are you using live chat? If customers go to your webpage, do they have the ability to ask a quick question using a chat function? If not, you need to consider enabling this. According to a Forrester report, 63% of customers said they were more likely to return to a website that offers live chat as opposed to one that doesn’t. Furthermore, the average online chat resolution is 42 seconds. That gives your customers the answers they need in less time which frees up your agents to handle more customer inquiries.
- Have you enabled omnichannel features? Can a customer email you, and easily switch to a voice call while maintain the conversation and recording the interaction? Customers these days want to reach out to you using a variety of methods, but sometimes a call is necessary later on in the process.
- Can you customers utilize self-service features? Customers continue to turn to Web self-service, mobile apps, and visual IVRs instead of phone calls. Think about how much mobile apps have influenced self-service for the banking industry. Now you can easily transfer funds with the click of a button instead of making a call or going into the bank.
- Can your agents work from home? Give your agents the ability to work from home to reduce overhead and over-turn. Agents no longer spend time traveling to and from and office because they have the tools to service customers remotely.
- How is your organization utilizing social media to drive customer loyalty? In 2012, Gartner made a bold statement about social media customer service. “Organizations that refuse to communicate with customers by social media will face the same level of wrath as those that ignore today’s basic expectation that they will respond to emails and phone calls.” Five years later we are seeing shift from gaining new customers and marketing to responding to current customer service needs through social media
Want to learn more about ways your competition is increasing customer service within their contact center? We have a whitepaper you can download with more ways you can improve your contact center.